Friday, April 24, 2009

Smiley Baby

So, I took Marley to get her 6 month pictures (which are actually her 7 month pictures now) taken yesterday. Much to my surprise, it was easier than I thought it would be and a lot less stressful than I expected. She loved every minute of it. I was a little skeptical at first because, when she looked at the girl that was going to be taking the pictures, she just stared at her with this, "Who are you and what the heck do you want from me?" look that I could only pray would not mean that the moment I set her down she would start screeching like a banshee. Fortunately for everyone involved, however, she lit up as soon as she saw the first flash.

That being said... she loves the camera. A little too much, I think. I mean, seriously, this child did not stop smiling the entire time. Now, once the picture taking was done, that was an entirely different story. She didn't want to be put down, so I had to carry her all over Babies R Us, pushing the cart with all our stuff in it, while we waited for the girl to print the pictures. I find it hilarious, her night/day transformation. It's as if she was born to be an actress. Now, don't get me wrong... when she doesn't want to have her picture taken, she has NO PROBLEM letting you know. And when that happens, you're best off just not even attempting it and just throwing in the towel because it's not going to happen. It's hilarious to me. Sometimes, when she's in the middle of a fit, I'll take her picture anyway just so I can remember these times as well. It's like a breath of fresh air, knowing that it's not always sunshine and rainbows. She has her "dark" side, too.

She's a beautiful baby, though. I'm trying to enjoy her as much as I can now, because I know when hubby comes back from Iraq, it's all over and I'm going to lose her. For at least a few weeks, I know he's not going to want to let her go. And, with a face like that, who would?



























No comments: