Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's Really Important.


I just read this blog on msnb.com and it made me feel like sitting on the floor and crying. Although my hubby has less than 2 months overseas, stories like these make me weary, they make 2 months seem like an eternity. They wake you up to the reality that anything can happen at any time, and they're not safe until they get home. It also makes me think about all the wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, sons, daughters, etc. who have to go through this every day. Over 4,000 soldiers have died since March 2003. At the very least, that many people have had to suffer the pain of hearing those news, seeing that coffin, knowing they'll never get to see, hold, smell, talk to their husband, wife, son, daughter, mom, dad, etc. again. I can't even fathom it. It gives me goosebumps. I can't even think about it.

No comments: